New Roots SLC is a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program that provides fresh, local produce to members. CSAs are a great way to support local farmers and to get fresh, seasonal produce delivered to your door.
New Roots SLC partners with a variety of local farms to provide members with a variety of fresh, seasonal produce. Members can choose from a variety of share sizes, and they can also choose to add on additional items such as eggs, meat, and dairy products.
New Roots SLC delivers produce to members’ homes or workplaces in Salt Lake City, Utah. Members can choose from weekly or biweekly deliveries.
Here are some of the benefits of joining New Roots SLC:
- Support local farmers
- Get fresh, seasonal produce
- Reduce your environmental impact
- Meet new people in your community
If you are interested in joining New Roots SLC, you can visit their website to learn more and to sign up.
New Roots SLC CSA UTAH PICKUPs
|City||Day of Week||Notes|
|Salt Lake City, UT||Tuesday||Pickups available from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.|
|West Valley City, UT||Wednesday||Pickups available from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.|
|Neighborhood Hive||Thursday||Pickups available from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM.|
New Roots SLC CSA UTAH SHARES
|Share Type||Price||Price/Week||Type||Description||Length||Work Req.||Notes|
|Full Share (Regular)||$500||$25||Weekly||22 weeks of fresh, seasonal produce||May to October||None||Pickups available in Salt Lake City, UT on Tuesdays from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.|
|Full Share (Neighborhood Hive)||$475||$21.88||Weekly||22 weeks of fresh, seasonal produce||May to October||None||Pickups available in Salt Lake City, UT on Thursdays from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM.|
|Biweekly Share (Regular)||$250||$12.50||Biweekly||22 weeks of fresh, seasonal produce||May to October||None||Pickups available in Salt Lake City, UT on Tuesdays from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.|
|Biweekly Share (Neighborhood Hive)||$225||$10.83||Biweekly||22 weeks of fresh, seasonal produce||May to October||None||Pickups available in Salt Lake City, UT on Thursdays from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM.|
Here is some additional information about New Roots SLC’s growing methods:
New Roots SLC partners with a variety of local farms that use sustainable growing practices. These practices include:
- Crop rotation: Crop rotation is a method of planting different crops in the same field in different years. This helps to prevent the build-up of pests and diseases, and it also helps to improve the health of the soil.
- Cover cropping: Cover cropping is a method of planting cover crops in the off-season. Cover crops are plants that are grown to improve the health of the soil. They help to prevent erosion, add nutrients to the soil, and attract beneficial insects.
- Composting: Composting is the process of breaking down organic matter into a nutrient-rich soil amendment. Compost can be used to improve the health of the soil and to reduce the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Integrated pest management: A method of managing pests that uses a variety of techniques, including biological controls, cultural practices, and chemical controls.
- Organic farming: A method of farming that does not use synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers. Organic farming relies on natural methods to promote plant growth and to protect crops from pests and diseases.
By using these sustainable growing practices, New Roots SLC’s partner farms are able to produce healthy, delicious produce that is good for the environment.
Name: New Roots SLC
Address: 1750 S 1300 E, Salt Lake City UT, 84105
Map it: Map